Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Taking Care of Business Day

There's much to be done as summer is coming to an end, school is looming around the corner, and my business is trying to get off the ground.  A slow start this morning, I mustered some inner strength from the depths of my being and proclaimed the day, "Taking Care of Business Day".  Do I see a national holiday in the future?   It was a day of running errands and accomplishing many tasks, which means dragging the kids all over town.  In order to get them on my side after my proclamation, I lead them in a rousing game of "Simon Says".  With a good dose of exercise (disguised as a game) and a long list in tow, we set out.  We purchased a thermos for the little one's lunch box - this is not as simple as it sounds.  Had to be double-wall insulated, high grade stainless steal, lead free, pthalate free, BPA free, aluminum free, etc.  (insert eye roll from many of you here)  It also had to be shallow enough for my preschooler to get her little bamboo spork into AND meet her approval.  Purchased it a Go Lightly in Montclair - great little shop!  The rest of the day we spent filling out paperwork and taking it to the little one's pre-K, filming two scenes of a little film the kids and I are making for a contest, purchasing some school supplies at the Montclair State Bookstore, doing a little food shopping at Whole Foods, planting a tree in the park (no kidding - we did!), washing 4 loads of laundry, cooking three meals (all from scratch), and some other random household chores.  I have to say, the young-ins were troopers until about 4:00pm.  The rest of the night was a whirlwind of craziness - the kind of craziness that makes a Mom's head spin!  He pushed me, she kicked me, he's bossing me around, she's yelling at me...ahh!  I thought about locking myself in my room with a good book or something (who am I kidding, it would be a pint of Ben and Jerry's I'd escape with), but instead I put on my best "Taking Care of Business Day" face and I took care of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment