Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming

Have you noticed the infrequency of my blog posts?  Yes, it's true!  I'm a tad overwhelmed.  This little project of mine has turned out to be a bit more than I bargained for.  Homework is taking up SO much time, I feel like I'm slacking on the important things a bit!  Last week, I was called out of class to pick up the boy.  While he was recovering and I was fighting off the same illness, I had to make time for the girl's marathon birthday week!  Visiting her class to make music with them, preparing a special birthday treat for her to take to school (no cupcakes here - we took strawberries with homemade whipped cream), a cake (grain-free) on her actual birthday, and of course the Princess Tea Party on the weekend!  Whew!  Cleaning and cooking were the theme of this week's story.  I feel like my mind is constantly swimming with information I'm supposed to retain, dates and times to keep track of, grocery lists, songs to sing, etc.  I try to write it all down, to create a task list on the computer, to send myself reminder emails...inevitably I find I ALMOST forget SOMETHING on a pretty regular basis.  Sometimes I find myself telling my kids to be quiet, simply because I can't hear myself think - literally!  The girl had a fabulous birthday and I know that's what's important.  But, I was distracted by the never-ending to-do list in my brain.  I'm barely keeping my head above water, but I keep thinking of the beloved Dori from Finding Nemo and tell myself to "just keep swimming, just keep swimming."     

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Nice to read an honest post. I think it helps to know that we are not alone when we feel a little overwhelmed. I know I do! Anyway, I will keep checking in. :) Thanks again, Taryn Grimes-Herbert

    ReplyDelete